Sunday, October 26, 2008

#1: i made a blog!

I am officially part of the blogosphere.

This is a blog about my experiences living and working in Nicaragua for 171 days (December 8th - May 27th), with Project Chacocente (www.outofthedump.org). It's pretty exciting.
Please check out the website to get a better idea of what I'll be doing down there- It's a great website with lots of info. I'll be teaching in the Chacocente Christian School that's a part of the project.

Of course, I'm still in the US, so there's not much to report yet, but once I get to Nicaragua (December 8th) I will keep you all updated in the States- I think there's a way to subscribe to this blog so you get an email when I update or something so if you can figure that out, great. I'm not really sure how this works yet but if I figure it out I'll let you know!


update:
because of college stuff, I had to shift my plane ticket back a week.. so now I'm leaving December 15th instead of the 8th. But I shifted the return flight by a week as well, so don't worry it's still 171 days :) so the real dates are Dec 15th - June 3rd.

4 comments:

  1. Yay, cool, Maddie's a blogger. I'll put a link on my blog ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. VERY great idea Maddie! Technology is a wonderful thing when it is used to connect to people like this...

    There are so many blogs out there about all these Gullivers and their travels...

    Now I'll actually KNOW the Gulliver who's doing the traveling!

    I look forward to your updates! :)

    ~Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Maddie,

    I'll be praying for you - and for your folks while you are away!

    Bill Mudge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi sweetie,
    This is your mom! I'm so glad you have entered the blogosphere and are safe and sound! I'm a little worried about the water -- are you sure it's safe? Just because Omar is drinking it doesn't mean you should. He's got the antibodies for it. When I was in Nica I lived on coca cola!
    Love and hugs
    Mom

    ReplyDelete